Seat Leon 20VT4

Diskutiere Seat Leon 20VT4 im 1M - Umbauprojekte Forum im Bereich 1M - Tuning; First of all sorry for the English, but I don't speak German. I read the topics with Google Translate. I bought the car 4 years ago. My...

Ivo02

Reaktionen
First of all sorry for the English, but I don't speak German. I read the topics with Google Translate.

I bought the car 4 years ago.
My requirements for the car were very specific. I wanted Seat Leon with 1.8T engine, Cupra optics and four wheel drive, which happened to be very rare combination, and it took me 7
months looking all over Europe until I found and bought my car from Latvia.
One previous owner, full history, 92 000 km on the clock and a lot of options ordered:

Fully electrical leather/alcantara interior, front seats heating, headlights washing system, cruise control, Cupra exterior (not interior unfortunately) + other standard options.

Full stock when I bought it.

What I have done until now:

FMIC
TFSI K04 Turbo
76mm turbo-back exhaust with Milltek rear silencer
ADR cams
630cc Genesis II injectors (not installed yet - car is not remmaped, waiting for rods, I drive it now with the stock injectors and MAF)
Apexi intake
18x8 ET38 Alessio F1 wheels
10mm front spacers
17mm rear spacers
Eibach Pro Kit
Golf 4 R32 front arms and wipers
Golf 5 rear arm and wiper
Aftermarket Morimoto projectors installed in the OEM headlights
Cupra 4 Steering Wheel
Cupra 4 part leather Recaro seats
Cupra 4 footrest and pedal covers
W8 tacho (not installed yet)

Future plans:

Double DIN Android unit (got the double DIN console already)
LCR Brembo-s
LCR black pillars, headlining, light switches and sun visors
LCR lip
A3/S3 facelift illuminated air vents

Later I will post some photos of the upgrades completed until now.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Anzeige

Gast

Schau mal hier: Seat Leon 20VT4 . Dort wird jeder fündig!
the real Skunk

the real Skunk

Clubmember
Reaktionen
Congratulations for getting this car! Especialy in this condition. Unbelivable! They are rare as hell! I searched for years and didnt got one. The V6 is no problem. Even the TDI and 1.8T Sport is aviable. But the 1.8T TopSport (Cupra) is realy hard to find.

Now Im going to buy a TDI AWD. I will do a complett exchange of the engine interior etc. Fortunatly Im able to do all this by my selve. A god freind will help me so I calculate one week for big points of this project. I decided to take the TDI because of the EU rules for exhaust gas. (I dont know the correct translation for this, sorry.) The 1.8T TopSport models should all have E4 as I know. But I want to use my BAM engine from the Cupra R because it is more durable and has no exhaust gas cleaning and such silly things on it. So the BAM has only E3 rating. As 1.8T thre are only the early Sport models which has E3. But they dont have the fixing points for the side-fenders and I dont want to weld at the chasis because its always a weak point for rust. A rebuild of a E4 car isnt possible because the EU rating is done for the chasis and cant be changed to lower level. The TDI is E3 rated, so I can exchange the engines and get permission for that by the german TÜV. The only way in germany to build a "real" Cupra R 4x4...

You wrote that you want to put the LCR Brembo in your car. Dont do this! This one was at the limit on a hard ride even with stok power. You are even in progress for a HP upgrade. The Brembo wont be enough in this case. I have 360 HP now and the Brembo is much to less for that. Next action after the exchange will be a big brake kit. 360mm two parts disk and 6 piston caliper in front and 310mm two parts disk with stok caliper rear. But ill have to earn some more money for that step...

Could you explain what ADR cams are? I know the word cams, but ADR? No idea. You chosed 630ccm injectors. That will be enough for up to 400HP. I dont know what your target is, but for more than 250HP you will need a high flow fuel pump. Over 300HP you will even have to change some more parts of the engine then only the rods, especialy because its no BAM block. Even a reduction of the combustion will be needed. Your engine should have 9.5:1 ratio. 8.5:1 will be neede for over 300HP. Otherwise you should keep under 300HP and take a littel smaler injektors in that case.

I cant say anything about the abilitys of the turbo because I dont know the compressor map. Which is your expected HP?

BTW: If you can do it please make a picture of the exhaust fixing and the downpipe where it goes through the tunnel. I need this for the planing of my project, but i couldnt find pictures in the www. I want to buy a exhaust for an Audi S3 because this should fit to the Leon. But the manufacturere said that the fixing is different. I cant belive that. IMHO it should be the same.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Ivo02

Reaktionen
Hi,

You are the first that have comlaints from the LCR Brembo, strange thing. Anyway it should be better than my current ATE54 312mm setup.
If you are removing your Brembo-s please drop me a message :)

ADR cams are cams from 1.8 ADR non turbo engine 125hp found in Audi A4 and VW Passat. They have different lift from the 1.8T cams and they give a little better flow with big turbo on higher RPMs. I friend of mine with 1.8T with GT3076 made 30hp gain with only changing to ADR cams.

The TFSI K04 turbo is good for about 320-330 hp. I will change rods because this turbo make a lot of torque and spools fast. Combustion change will not be needed. I will not run high boost, no more than 1.5-1.6 bar. I bought bigger injector just in case I decide I need bigger turbo :)
Also the stock fuel pump is good for this power, no need to change it.

About the exhaust I will make pictures when I have the chance, no problem.
S3 exhaust is a little different, because Leon is a little longer car than the S3. I don't think it will fit. Also S3 stock exhaust is just 63mm with a lot of silencers.
You'd better make custom one.

What turbo are you running for 356hp?

the real Skunk

the real Skunk

Clubmember
Reaktionen
I have a GT2871R with 0.63 A/R turbine. It runs at 1.9bar and2.3 in overboost, but I need a new setting because I didnt made a new after the last changes. The complet story you can find in my thread linked in the signature.

I even thought about non turbo cams, but I didnt do it when I build up the engine. At this time much less power planed. But at first I would have to change the head because the BAM has only 32mm outlet ports in order to achive higher exhaust gas speed. But with big turbo this is a heavy disadvantage. I need head like your 180HP engine has one. Those have 38mm ports and even my manifold is made for 38mm ports. But for now it runs fine for 70 thousand km and I can do this even later.

The 630ccm injectors are right if you want to go to higher level later. But the stock fuel pump wasnt able to support my earlyer setup with GT2860RS at 300HP. Dont think this will work...

If you are not speedy driver the is OK. But for me it is not enough. But I will remember that you are searching for when I replace it.

I dont want to use a stoke S3 exhaust. I want to buy a 76mm exhaust for S3. But I thought the wheel distance isnt diverent between S3 and Leon because I remember that someone told me that Golf 4 three and four doors are the same. But should better check this...

---------- Beitrag am 29.01.2015 um 23:18 Uhr ergänzt ---------- letzte Änderung am 29.01.2015 um 23:05 Uhr ----------

I just checked it out the wheel distance for both leon and S3 is 2518mm for the AWD models and 2513mm for the FWD models. The differnce for shure is caused by the different rear axle. There is no difference between three and four door models. Just AWD or FWD makes the difference. So I cant imagine that anything with the exhaust should be different. The manufacturer of the exhaust told me should fit, only this fixing is different he said. But I think even this is identical.

Ivo02

Reaktionen
Some pictures of the mods:

FMIC

Golf 4 R32 arms and wipers

Golf 5 rear arm and wiper

Projectors

Cupra 4 Steering wheel

Cupra 4 Recaro

Cupra 4 footrest and pedal covers

K04-064 turbo and custom 76mm downpipe

And how the car looks like at the moment:

the real Skunk

the real Skunk

Clubmember
Reaktionen
Dont know if the turbo is top mount or not but anyway I cant imagine how the DP fits to the car. But I think you know what you are doing. ;)

For my experiance the flexibel part is much to far away from the turbo. The BAM torbos have one right after the turbine. My first build was even done like yours, but I always had trouble with it. After many unsucsesfull try and error rounds I built a new DP with flexo right after the turbine. Since that it works. Bevor the bolts of the charger and even the manifolds craked very offten. Its a problem of transversal engine. Wit tourque it turns arround the mounting to the back of the car, so the turbo and exhaust goes down. If the distance to the flexo is to long this will damage turbo and manifold...

Ivo02

Reaktionen
Turbo and manifold are one piece, no problems 5000km with this turbo already.

MichiFR

MichiFR

Clubmember
Reaktionen
How did you made these very crazy projector frontlights?

Ivo02

Reaktionen
Morimoto Mini projectors integrated in the OEM headlights with Golf 5 GTI style ring around the projector.

Thema:

Seat Leon 20VT4

Seat Leon 20VT4 - Ähnliche Themen

• Mein Seat Leon Topsport

Mein Seat Leon Topsport: ist noch im aufbau ;-)
  • Wollte mich mal Vorstellen :) Mein Seat Leon Cupra R

Wollte mich mal Vorstellen :) Mein Seat Leon Cupra R: Hallo, Mein Name ist Tim, ich werde in wenigen Tagen 18 und komme aus Schloss Holte. Gestern habe ich mir einen Seat Leon Cupra R Gekauft und bin...
  • Mein R in Sombragrau ;)

Mein R in Sombragrau ;): Guuuden, wollte hier auch mal meine liebstes Stück zeigen, also mein Auto... Sombragrauer Cupra R der jetzt genau 2 Jahre in meinem Besitz ist...
  • Umbauprojekt, Mein Seat Leon 1.8 20V T :)

Umbauprojekt, Mein Seat Leon 1.8 20V T :): Hallo erstmal :) Ich heiße Patrick und komme aus Badisch-Sibirien. Für Leute, die denen diese Ausdrucksweise nicht sagt: Norden von Baden...
  • Mein Seat Leon :D 1M

Mein Seat Leon :D 1M: Hallo! Mein Name ist Mitja und ich komme aus Slowenien. Vor einem halben Jahr kaufte ich mir einen Seat Leon gelb. Dies ist ein Blick auf den...
  • Mein Seat Leon :D 1M - Ähnliche Themen

• Mein Seat Leon Topsport

Mein Seat Leon Topsport: ist noch im aufbau ;-)
  • Wollte mich mal Vorstellen :) Mein Seat Leon Cupra R

Wollte mich mal Vorstellen :) Mein Seat Leon Cupra R: Hallo, Mein Name ist Tim, ich werde in wenigen Tagen 18 und komme aus Schloss Holte. Gestern habe ich mir einen Seat Leon Cupra R Gekauft und bin...
  • Mein R in Sombragrau ;)

Mein R in Sombragrau ;): Guuuden, wollte hier auch mal meine liebstes Stück zeigen, also mein Auto... Sombragrauer Cupra R der jetzt genau 2 Jahre in meinem Besitz ist...
  • Umbauprojekt, Mein Seat Leon 1.8 20V T :)

Umbauprojekt, Mein Seat Leon 1.8 20V T :): Hallo erstmal :) Ich heiße Patrick und komme aus Badisch-Sibirien. Für Leute, die denen diese Ausdrucksweise nicht sagt: Norden von Baden...
  • Mein Seat Leon :D 1M

Mein Seat Leon :D 1M: Hallo! Mein Name ist Mitja und ich komme aus Slowenien. Vor einem halben Jahr kaufte ich mir einen Seat Leon gelb. Dies ist ein Blick auf den...
  • Schlagworte

Seat Leon 20vt4 Cupra tuning