Homelink installation

Diskutiere Homelink installation im 1M - Interieur Forum im Bereich 1M - Tuning; Hello to everyone, last week i bought a golf V homelink visor on e-bay for 24 euro. Last w.e. i've tried to install it but it didn't work.(first...

M206

Reaktionen
Hello to everyone, last week i bought a golf V homelink visor on e-bay for 24 euro.
Last w.e. i've tried to install it but it didn't work.(first of all i had to scratch a lot of plastic material from the GOLFV plastic connector to fit it in the hole of the leon's internal sky).
I was unable to get any power through it at all. here's what i did
(it was used, so maybe it just doesn't work, but it seemed to be in good shape):

homelink doesn't plug right up, so i had to strip the 2 wires from the headliner (brown ground and power for vanity (brown with a stripe)) and the 3 wires in the homelink (green, black, vanity power, and red homelink power).
The headliner wires are labeled 1 & 2 (ground and power) and the wires coming from homelink were labeled 1, 2, $ 3.
I connected the 2 wires from headliner to the 2 one on the homelink visor, then i've taken the always 12v power wire from the W8 interior light (i've checked when all the doors are closed so i'm sure the 12v is fixed).
The vanity light worked fine but the homelink not.
I've tried to invert the 2 vanity light wires (green and black), same result (light ok, homelink ko).
is there something i'm obviously doing wrong, or should this work and the visor may simply not work?
Hope not, but in this case, how can i check if the homelink itself is working right??(of course uninstalling it from the car)
Maybe i've to go to an electrician??
i hope this hasn't been confusing or long winded. thanks in advance.

Byez

Anzeige

Gast

Schau mal hier: Homelink installation . Dort wird jeder fündig!

blond9

Reaktionen
As the homlink sunvisors where mainly sold in the US i think the frequencies simply don't match.

M206

Reaktionen
thanks for your reply.

but i friend of mine told me that, coded or not with your original remote, the little led upper the 3 buttun MUST blink at every pressure anyway..

i haven't been able to test if the frequency of my remote work correcly cause not even the led seems to works..

it's bacause of this that i'm interested to test the electrical problem to see if it's broken or not before try to code with my remote..

thanks anyway.

Xentic

Reaktionen
You seem to be the first one who tried to installed Homelink on the Leon 1M. :wave: Unfortunetely the eBay parts really don`t work in Europe! They are US versions, using other frequences. Sorry I have no better answer for you.

M206

Reaktionen
first of all thanks for your reply!!

but unfortunaltely i didn't reach that point (to test if the frequency works) yet.

a friend of mine told me that the upper little led has to work in any case, coded or not.
and mine don't work at all.

so i can't know if the homlink itself is broken or not, or if i've connected wrongly some wires..

i've disassembled it and today i'd be able to test the 12v signal and make some desk test.

the seller has assured to me that even if it's the usa version it works great in europe.
he told that he sold them in italy, germany, switzerland and noone got problems.

so i hope to find a solution..

Thanks again, i'll keep you updated!!

byez

Xentic

Reaktionen
Hello!

"the seller has assured to me that even if it's the usa version it works great in europe.
he told that he sold them in italy, germany, switzerland and noone got problems."

But you are from England or Holland? :p

I am really astonished at his declaration. Sorry, he has decived you... Typical US frequences are 288 mhz, 399mhz, 400-410 mhz and 418mhz. Europe has the remaining frequences! No chance... Maybe there are very few Hörmann-systems in Europe using US frequences.

Maybe your Homelink doesen`t work at all (no signal from the small led?)

But another question. Did you really put a Golf V one into the Leon? Is this possible? At Volkswagen they told me they have other suspensions (unfit for the Leon)... The Leon is compatible to the Golf IV one. But there´s no Homelink for the Golf IV. There should be a Homelink from the VW Beetle also fit in Leon/Golf IV with European frequences! But it`s too expensive (300 Euro +++)... 8o

Hope you are successful.:wave:

Greetings

M206

Reaktionen
hi to all, finally i've been able to install correclty the homlink visor.

yes, i've been able to fit a golfV homelink in the leon 1m..as i told you before, i'had to scratch off some plastic material from the plastic connector (with a specific tool) to fit with the housing in the leon's sky..and i'm from Italy, and a friend of mine with a golf4 (which bought the same homelink visor from the same e-bay seller) has been able to install it and it works great with his gate!

in my homelink everything work fine, at least the led works, after 3/4 tests i have coded my remote and the homelink seems to accept the code..

but..

the gate don't open..

i've tested if it's a multi-frequency code, (like stated in the .pdf manual in the homelink internet site) but it isn't.

the led seems to turn on rightly (and don't blink) but (even if very close to the gate) it doesn't open or close it..

Any ideas??

Thanks a lot.

Byez

Xentic

Reaktionen
Ask your friend for installing your remote signal on his homelink system (there are still two free places on his homelink, aren´t there?). If his one doesen`t work with your gate, your gate won´t be compatible to the US Homelink-system... Or install his remote signal on your homelink and try to open his gate... If it works, you´ll know your homelink is o.k. ... but not compatible to your own gate.

Byez

M206

Reaktionen
Ask your friend for installing your remote signal on his homelink system (there are still two free places on his homelink, aren´t there?). If his one doesen`t work with your gate, your gate won´t be compatible to the US Homelink-system... Or install his remote signal on your homelink and try to open his gate... If it works, you´ll know your homelink is o.k. ... but not compatible to your own gate.

Byez
Thanks for your suggestion, in fact i was thinking to do this kind of test as soon as possible..

unfortunately my friend with the homelink working lives about 180 km from me..

The first time i'll go there we'll try..

But in the meanwhile i don't know what to do..
Maybe find another remote controller and try to get the signal from the coded homelink and try if it works..

EDIT (autom. Beitragszusammenführung) :

hello guys!!

great news!

i've tested with a friend of mine's gate and the homlink works perfectly!!

so the problem is in my gate.i'll try to see and solve it.

But at least i've stated that the homelink sunvisor itself isn't broken.

Am I the first on the forum to get the homelink fully installed on a LEON 1M??:D

Thanks and byez.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Xentic

Reaktionen
Am I the first on the forum to get the homelink fully installed on a LEON 1M??:D

You really are! Congratulation =)

But I hope to be the second! Last week I bought the European Version, I`ll try to install it in the next few weeks.

Bye

M206

Reaktionen
thank you my friend!!

i hope for you too.

If you need some info or technical support don't esitate: ask me and i'll be happy to help you!!

A suggestion!

Before starting to cut the wiring, wait, i'll post a photo with some original vw connector/wirings/adaptator so you can make a clean work.

Byez

Xentic

Reaktionen
thank you my friend!!

i hope for you too.

If you need some info or technical support don't esitate: ask me and i'll be happy to help you!!

A suggestion!

Before starting to cut the wiring, wait, i'll post a photo with some original vw connector/wirings/adaptator so you can make a clean work.

Byez
Thank you so much for your suggestion! At the moment everything is clear for me. I know there is an original vw adaptator you can use. I will do so. I have ordered all the parts (adapter, three wirings, connector) last Friday at a VW dealer in my home city. In my case it is a little bit more complicated. I would like to install the lamps for the mirrors in the top as well, because my car really has no lamps! For this I have to remove half of the top and it wouldn`t be so easy. Some wirings I have to solder. I keep you informed.

Byez

M206

Reaktionen
No problem!!

Yes, if you want to install the courtesy lights on the top it will be a "little" more complicated..

So you have a Top Sport and not an FR, Right?

Hope you can get a good result.

Yes please, keep me informed.

Byez

Xentic

Reaktionen
I have a Leon 20VT "Sport" from the year 2000. The Top Sport was introduced later in Germany, I think in the year 2001. There is only one disadvantage of the "Sport-version": there are no lights for the "make-up mirrors". But I will chance it though I`ll never use those mirrors...!

But my car has to be a perfect car :D

Today I tested the homelink and it works great!

Bzye

blond9

Reaktionen
There is only one disadvantage of the "Sport-version": there are no lights for the "make-up mirrors". But I will chance it though I`ll never use those mirrors...!
My Hunchback-Leon (=Toledo;)) also doesn't have these lights above the mirrrors. But i'll change this too. I already did the wireing and changed the sunvisors. But i do have a little horror cutting holes into the cealing.:tremblin:
@xentic: Would you be so kind to write a little manual when you built in those lamps?:D Especially i'm interested in the positions of the lamps and how you worked around the missing fixing frame. Thank you and sorry for being off-topic.;)

Xentic

Reaktionen
I`m sorry for my late answer but I wasn`t at home in the last few days. At the moment I`m very busy and I have really no time to built in the Homelink or the lamps. I would like to renew the top with finest alcantara as well. It´ll be better to do this in one step with the lamps and the Homelink. Hope to get some free time in the next few weeks but I don`t think so :nene:

With your courtesy lights you have to be very careful. Cut the holes very precisely (the lamps should be a little bit bigger as your holes, otherwise you can renew the entire top... ). The lamps should work without frames because somebody from audi/vw told me frames are not nessecary at all. Once I built in lamps for the back seats without any frames and everything works great! But I ponder where is the best position for the lamps too. The mirror of the homelink is aprox. 5 cm right of the mirror without the homelink...

Byze

blond9

Reaktionen
As i put down the top for the wiring of the lamps i saw that there are precut holes on the inner side of the roof.:astonish: Perhaps the backside of lamps has to fit in these holes because of not enough space between roof and top.?(

Xentic

Reaktionen
The only plausible function those holes might have is for fitting the lamps...

Thema:

Homelink installation

Homelink installation - Ähnliche Themen

• Edle Sonnenblende mit Homelink verbauen

Edle Sonnenblende mit Homelink verbauen: Seit einiger Zeit beschäftigt mich die Idee, in meinen Leon 1M eine Sonnenblende mit Homelink-Funktion nachzurüsten. Preislich dürfte das recht...
  • Edle Sonnenblende mit Homelink verbauen - Ähnliche Themen

• Edle Sonnenblende mit Homelink verbauen

Edle Sonnenblende mit Homelink verbauen: Seit einiger Zeit beschäftigt mich die Idee, in meinen Leon 1M eine Sonnenblende mit Homelink-Funktion nachzurüsten. Preislich dürfte das recht...