Full Fis Problem

Diskutiere Full Fis Problem im 1M - Interieur Forum im Bereich 1M - Tuning; Hi to all, (especially Colt) how are you? Can someone help me? Yesterday I’ve got a problem: I was coming back home with my leon when the full...

M206

Reaktionen
Hi to all, (especially Colt) how are you?

Can someone help me?

Yesterday I’ve got a problem:

I was coming back home with my leon when the full fis central display start to blink, it lasts about 5/6 minutes, then slowly turn off..Then in this condition I could only see the 2/3 of the fis little turned on – very light-red - (the top part was still down as usually) and
no info was displayed, no open door, no tripcomputer, no main menu, ecc ecc.. But always I could turn on the car. I’ve asked to Geniom and he suggest me to disconnect the 2 connectors (blue and green) for 4/5 minutes and look what happens..
I’ve done so and then anything restarted very fine, just like before the problem..
Right now I’m quite worried, what could be happened to my tacho??
If this happens again, what I’ve to do??
Maybe I’ve to replace the whole tacho with a new one??
I hope not..

Colt help..

thanks byez

EDIT (autom. Beitragszusammenführung) :

just happened to me again.. ;(

help..;(

talking with a friend of mine, he told me that he thinks that it's not a led problem, but a chip problem..

in fact the fis didn't get led-like problem (maybe i'm not been too clear in explaining the problem)..

i mean that during the problem the fis start to blink, but only the light-red information part, the brown (or dark-red) background was ok, and at the end of the "tilt", it left only the dark-red background with nothing displayed..but ALL pixels were fully ok..while the upper part (the one with the radio info, you know) still remain full black with no problems..

maybe now you understand better what the problem could be??

byez

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Anzeige

Gast

Schau mal hier: Full Fis Problem . Dort wird jeder fündig!

ASchmeller

Gast
well I understand the Problem, but I have no idea what it is. maybe Colt, he's the Tachometer expert ...

M206

Reaktionen
thanks..

yes, in fact i'm waiting for the help of colt..=)

(in fact the tacho that i've got is the one he sold me anyway..):)

Colt

Colt

Reaktionen
Well as I told you at "gti...", you can use fuse 11 to reset the cluster,...
Did you or Geniom change the software last time?...
Did you do anything to the cluster in the last time?
Is there any Error-Code in the Cluster?
Did you connect the missing CAN?

Please write just in this topic about your Problem...!!!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

M206

Reaktionen
Well as I told you at "gti...", you can use fuse 11 to reset the cluster,...
Did you or Geniom change the software last time?...
Did you do anything to the cluster in the last time?
Is there any Error-Code in the Cluster?
Did you connect the missing CAN?

Please write just in this topic about your Problem...!!!
Thanks for your reply Colt.
So:
the 2nd time i've got the problem i've disconnected the "battery" to install the R32 steering wheel, (so the same effect to pull out the fuse 11).
Then it restart working great.

No, any change of software.I'm sure of this.
The only thing i've done is the service-reset (i've done it 2 time to be sure) as i wrote you last time, cause it didn't display me the 30000 km advice.
Another thing that i've done was to pull out the brake-oil-sensor to see if the Fis displayed the right message (Of course it did :D ).
Never get any error code in the cluster.
I've connected the missing CAN wires only for the open-door problem.

My other 3 W.I.P.:
-brake pad sensor wire.
-open front bonnet wire.
-oil sensor wire.

None of the 3 things where installed yet.

Ok, i'll post only here.
Sorry, i thought to post also in the FIS 3d to see if some other leon 1 owner with fis installed get the same problem..
Sorry again..

Thanks for your help..

Byez.

Colt

Colt

Reaktionen
I don't know this kind of problem...
I don't recommend to buy a new cluster...the price has raised since the last time again and again...I quite sure the cluster is working fine...because it works after the reset ;)...that means something is disrupting the cluster...

Is it possible to make a short clip when the error appears? With a Mobile Cam?...

At least you can send me the cluster and I will check it here on the desk and let it run some days to make sure...your old cluster should work in your leon...

M206

Reaktionen
I don't know this kind of problem...
I don't recommend to buy a new cluster...the price has raised since the last time again and again...I quite sure the cluster is working fine...because it works after the reset ;)...that means something is disrupting the cluster...

Is it possible to make a short clip when the error appears? With a Mobile Cam?...

At least you can send me the cluster and I will check it here on the desk and let it run some days to make sure...your old cluster should work in your leon...
well, ok, i'll accept your suggestion..
anyway, if there were some errors that could disturb the cluster, maybe with the battery reset (heavier reset than a fuse or connector) they are gone..even cause the carseller with vag has erased all the errors that normally appear when you disconnect the battery..
maybe he erased the fis error too..al least i hope..
yesterday (thursday)i didn't get the problem..while on wednesday i've don the battery reset..
i hope to never get the error again..
if this happen, i'll try to catch the moment with my mobile-phone cam..and i'm quite sure that i can reinstall my old leon tacho (of course disconnectig the 2 new wires for the open doors) and send the fis to you to check if there are some serious problem..i hope to not to do this anyway..

thanks

Colt

Colt

Reaktionen
okay we will see ;)

M206

Reaktionen
hello colt, in another forum i've got these reply about my problem:

-"I've read that these clusters die sometimes, maybe it's just done it's time."

-"The LCD window is controlled by a different chip than the one that controls all of the other functions that we're familiar with. The symptoms he's describing sound familiar to me...I have a 1J5 920 946 A that I bought for $250 that has a bad LCD screen. The LED illumination works perfectly, but the LCDs flicker and die shortly after turning the cluster on."

Are you sure that's not better to find a nude tacho to replace with mine??

I've another problem, on the 5th of May i've my first official national Leon Meeting, and i MUST show this upgrade (since in Italy i'm still the only one with the fis installed on a leon) and i don't want to risk to arrive at 5th of may without the tacho fully and perfectly working...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Colt

Colt

Reaktionen
to my mind there is no dying...just relax and keep an eye on it

M206

Reaktionen
to my mind there is no dying...just relax and keep an eye on it
i hope so..:)

anyway since wednesday (after the battery/vag errors reset) it didn't appear nomore..:]

maybe there was some hidden vag error that had to be erased with the carseller-vas..?(

it's a possibility or it doesn't matter???(

thanks for the support=)

just happened to me the 3rd time..;( :angry: ;( :angry:

i've take a little video with my mobile phone..

can i send to you colt??

at what mail??

i'd like to buy this (if it doesn't grow too much):
http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260106017760&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:IT:1

but i think the seller don't send to italy..

could you help me in some way??

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

M206

Reaktionen
i've tryed to remove fuse 11 but the fis display didn't reset itself..;( :(

right now even if i closed the car with remote, it's still in background dark-red mode..:(

what can i do??:astonish:

i can't reset battery cause i don't have the vas to reset the other errors..:astonish:

please HELP!!!!:nene:

M206

Reaktionen
between 19.00 and 21.00 p.m the tacho reset itself automatically without anything done by me..(i've checked it at 19 and the darkred background was still there, then i come back at 21.00 and luckyly everything was ok as usual)..

i really don't know what to do..;( ?(

it's strange cause in 5 months the tacho always ran great, and now this unusual problem is came out..?( ;( :(

Colt

Colt

Reaktionen
So send the cluster back to me, and I will made some desk tests...

M206

Reaktionen
So send the cluster back to me, and I will made some desk tests...
many thanks colt, i really appreciate your offer to help..:)
you are really a good boy and a good friend..;)

but as i've told you, at the beginning of may i've my first official leon meeting..and i don't want to risk to go to there whitout my fis working..and after this there are a lot of spedition charges from italy to germany..

no, i'll not send the tacho to you..with geniom we will try to do some desktest and during this time i'll install another full fis that geniom will give to me..maybe you can suggest us what kind of test to do and how to do..i hope that geniom get all the necessary materials to do all the tests needed..:]

many thanks again for your offer colt..=)

anyway, new strange thing appened this afternoon..right now that i think about it, i've noticed that the tilts have appeared all the 3 (with today is 4) times in the afternoon..with external temperature between 25 and 30°..
so this afternoon after 10 minutes of travel (E.T. 26°) the fis start to blink (even if a lot "easier" than other times..)..so i've tougth to get the climatronic work at 21° and set it from the central areators with max power..well..after 2/3 minutes the blink stop..after few seconds after the stop of the blink the "welcome" message appeared for an instant..after that (always with clima at 21 full power) the tilt fully stop and the fis come back to normal..

so..could it be a problem due to external temperature that warm up too much some internal parts of the tacho??

could it be due by the 2 wirings that i brought from the C.C.M. to the tacho??(they are in plastic material and i'm not so sure that they are the best choice for this kind of work)
in fact i remember that someone got some kind of problem using wrong wires to get the open doors system working on the fis..

could it be this the problem??In fact in winter with a lower temperature the fis fas always been PERFECT..

Colt

Colt

Reaktionen
the older cluster with FIS had the problem with overheating after some time...but should be fixed after 2001...
May you test - disconnect all additional wiring from the cluster...

If you do some desktests...connect it with the minimum wiring...let it run some houres...May you can bring room temperatur up to 28°C -

M206

Reaktionen
ok thanks colt..

of what year is my tacho??maybe it's from a 2001 passat??in this worst case, what's the solution about the overheating of the fis?? (if it's not an additional-wiring problem)

now i'll talk with geniom and see what tests we can try to do..

thanks again..

the older cluster with FIS had the problem with overheating after some time...but should be fixed after 2001...
May you test - disconnect all additional wiring from the cluster...

If you do some desktests...connect it with the minimum wiring...let it run some houres...May you can bring room temperatur up to 28°C -
i remember that someone in the fis 3d was talking about the risk of getting problems if the 2 wirings for the open doors wouldn't get installed properly..could it be due to this??or i'd get other kind of problems??

right now i can't disconnect the 2 additional wiring..

ok, my tacho is definitely dying..

In these days in italy we reach near 40°, my car during the day is parked directly under the sun, so you can imagine in the inside of the car how hot could it be..

In these days i've noticed that, without getting my usual kind of tilt, a central vertical line of pixel went down..After several seconds of cooling it reappeared and everythig come back to normal..
But yesterday with 40° the fis didn't start at all, and it didn't restart for all day and this morning it's the same, even after passed a cooled night..

And the fis is completely black, also the background darkred has disappeared..It's like when you set "display off" from the main menù..

I hope the new regenerated one will arrive early..

1 +1/2 month passed..

in this meanwhile i've been able to replace my tacho with a original vw "rotation" tacho (with the X at the end of the code).

right now everyhing works perfectly and even with 47° ( 8o ) it get no problem at all!!

and right now i've the original sportedition tachosheiben and they look really great!!

so now my wish list is:

-open front bonnet abilitation
-brake pad warining sensor installation
-oil sensor installation
-navi MFD (or MFD2-RNS510 8o if only they could fit in the central consolle)

i'll keep you updated here ok??

thanks to all, byez

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thema:

Full Fis Problem

Full Fis Problem - Ähnliche Themen

• Problem mit Zusatzinstrumenten

Problem mit Zusatzinstrumenten: Hi Leute, ich habe ein Problem mit meinen Zusatzinstrumenten im Leon. Auto ist jetzt ca. 1 Monat gestanden und es wurde Ölwechsel, Zahnriehmen...
  • Erfahrungen mit FIS Control, MFA XP usw.

Erfahrungen mit FIS Control, MFA XP usw.: Hallo Gemeinde! Ich wollt mal fragen (vorallem die die ein Tachoumbau hinter sich haben) ob ihr Erfahrungen habt mit FIS Control oder MFA XP usw...
  • FIS/MFA/Bordcomputer nachrüsten

FIS/MFA/Bordcomputer nachrüsten: Hallo, ich habe über die Suche nix gefunden und wollte mal fragen ob ich für einen 2003er Leon den Bordcomputer nachrüsten kann so mit Verbrauch...
  • RNS-E on Seat Leon FR 1M with golf 4 full fis tacho

RNS-E on Seat Leon FR 1M with golf 4 full fis tacho: Hi to all, as you know i own a wonderful Seat Leon 1M (old one) Fr TDI 150cv l.e. Monza. In Italy i'm the only one that has been able to install...
  • FIS - und es geht doch!!

FIS - und es geht doch!!: Also, an alle die FIS in ihren Leon wollen. So habe ich das gemacht. http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/3684/6461_tevec2_R32.JPG...
  • FIS - und es geht doch!! - Ähnliche Themen

• Problem mit Zusatzinstrumenten

Problem mit Zusatzinstrumenten: Hi Leute, ich habe ein Problem mit meinen Zusatzinstrumenten im Leon. Auto ist jetzt ca. 1 Monat gestanden und es wurde Ölwechsel, Zahnriehmen...
  • Erfahrungen mit FIS Control, MFA XP usw.

Erfahrungen mit FIS Control, MFA XP usw.: Hallo Gemeinde! Ich wollt mal fragen (vorallem die die ein Tachoumbau hinter sich haben) ob ihr Erfahrungen habt mit FIS Control oder MFA XP usw...
  • FIS/MFA/Bordcomputer nachrüsten

FIS/MFA/Bordcomputer nachrüsten: Hallo, ich habe über die Suche nix gefunden und wollte mal fragen ob ich für einen 2003er Leon den Bordcomputer nachrüsten kann so mit Verbrauch...
  • RNS-E on Seat Leon FR 1M with golf 4 full fis tacho

RNS-E on Seat Leon FR 1M with golf 4 full fis tacho: Hi to all, as you know i own a wonderful Seat Leon 1M (old one) Fr TDI 150cv l.e. Monza. In Italy i'm the only one that has been able to install...
  • FIS - und es geht doch!!

FIS - und es geht doch!!: Also, an alle die FIS in ihren Leon wollen. So habe ich das gemacht. http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/3684/6461_tevec2_R32.JPG...